My Local Brew Works, 4500 Worth St., Philadelphia’s first custom craft brewery focused on special events and contract brewing, has a personalized package fit for beer enthusiasts this Valentine’s Day with the newly launched Custom Craft Brewing Package.
Whether gifting to a loved one or planning a special experience for two, the Custom Craft Brewing Package allows an interactive look into the craft brewing process from start to finish.
Gift-givers and recipients of the package have the ability to join Tim Montague and Wayne Humphrey, two award-winning local home brewers and founders of My Local Brew Works, as well as George Hummel, brewing mentor, in the brewery located in the industrial-chic Globe Dye Works building, to brew their own custom beer with full creative control of beer style, hops, recipe and name.
From choosing the grain to designing the label, participants can be as hands-on or off as desired. Those partaking in the full-length Custom Craft Brewing Package can expect about a six-hour-long experience including the following:
• Pre-brew consultation (handled over the phone or at the brewery) to discuss the special event, beer theme, style, recipe, quantity, packaging/labeling, pricing, scheduling and brew-day catering
• Arrive at Globe Dye Works on day of brewing, and meet Humphrey and Montague in the main lobby where the tour of Globe Dye Works will take place
• Tour of the brewery and discussion of hops, grain bill, yeast selection and aroma sampling mashing process, followed by start of brewing
• Mid-way, lunch is served and samplings of specific beers take place
• Post-lunch, the brewing process resumes with final hops (and other additives) added at the end of boil, then prepare for cooling, and transfer begins to the fermenter as beer is cooled
• After this final step, a celebratory toast is offered and MLBW-branded gifts are distributed to all guests
“Spending an intimate brew day together with your partner or surprising them with a bottle of their own custom beer are both unforgettable experiences,” Humphrey said. “Building something special from scratch, there’s nothing else like it.”
Pricing varies based on a number of factors including volume of beer brewed, fermentation time and ingredients, but starts at $120 per person and includes a full brew day, beer tastings, food and a parting gift. Those interested in learning more about the custom brewing process and to reserve a brew day with My Local Brew Works may do so by emailing email@example.com. ••