TagsCommunity

Tag: community

Willard Elementary announced as one of city’s slow zone award recipients

The Neighborhood Slow Zone Program is a new program that supports the city’s Vision Zero goal introduced by the mayor in October 2016 to...

FNA looks into a sidewalk cleaning program

“We’re excited that PTSSD is such a good supporter of the FNA,” King said. Frankford Ave, the river, and York Street are expected to...

Contractor behind collapse of Fishtown home will soon have license revoked

Since the Star’s most recent report on the family’s situation, a city-contracted, certified demolition contractor has cleared debris from the location and L&I has...

River Wards events for the week of Feb. 28

Stay up to date on what’s going on in your neighborhood.Tigers signupsSignups for the Port Richmond Tigers baseball and softball programs for boys and...

Justin DiBerardinis kicks off campaign at Johnny Brenda’s Monday

“When I talk about Philadelphia and greatness,” he said, “I don’t think we’re going to measure our greatness in GDP and I don’t think...

River Wards events for the week of Feb. 20

Stay up to date on what’s going on in your neighborhood.Port Richmond Tigers hosting signupsSignups for the Port Richmond Tigers baseball and softball programs for...

Fishtown house collapses after contractor next door works without permit

“I went straight up into my front room another crack all along the same side of the wall, where the parting wall was,”...

Could protected bike lanes be going up in NoLibs in the near future?

The proposed bike lanes on 5th and 6th streets would go from Spring Garden Street to Market Street. The 2nd Street protected bike lane...

The City Council longshot with the pink mohawk: Joe Cox

Cox, who lives near the corner of 7th and Washington in South Philly, is the founder of the Positive Mental Attitude Bike Ride aka...

Rock Ministries does its part to help provide shelter to those in need

In a city with more than 1,000 unsheltered homeless individuals, according to the Office of Homeless Services’ most recent point-in-time count, which was completed...
- Advertisment -

Most Read