Portside Arts Center virtual art classes
Portside Arts Center, 2531 E. Lehigh Ave., is offering virtual classes.
Available classes include Recycle Remix for ages 4 to 6 on Saturdays, from 10 to 11 a.m.;
Animals Around The World for ages 4 to 6 on Sundays, from 10 to 11 a.m.; Art Around The World for ages 7 to 9 on Saturdays, from 10 to 11 a.m.
Classes cost $10 each.
Refer a friend and get one class free using code referafriend in checkout.
Refer a friend out of state and get two classes free.
For more details, call 215-427-1514 or visit www.portsideartscenter.org. ••
PROPAC monthly meetings
Port Richmond on Patrol and Civic will begin its regular monthly meetings via Zoom starting on Wednesday, Feb. 3, at 7 p.m.
Two zoning issues will be addressed and voted on: 3685 Richmond St. and 2361 E. Allegheny Ave.
Meeting ID and passcode is available on the PROPAC Facebook page. ••
Street closures and detours
Sections of Girard Avenue and Richmond Street will be closed due to I-95 construction.
Through Friday, Jan. 22, from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., eastbound Girard Avenue will be closed between Aramingo Avenue and Richmond Street.
Traffic will be detoured south on Frankford Avenue, then east on Delaware Avenue to Richmond Street.
Through Friday, Jan. 22, from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., Richmond Street will be closed between Cambria Street and Ann Street.
Northbound traffic will follow the existing long-term detour.
Southbound traffic will detour west on Allegheny Avenue, then south on Aramingo Avenue to Lehigh Avenue.
For more details, 95revive.com. ••
24th Police District community alert
An increase in catalytic converter theft has been reported in the area. Below are tips from the 24th Police District to help protect your vehicle:
- When possible, park in well-lit areas and close to building entrances.
- If you have a garage, park inside and keep the garage door shut.
- Have the catalytic converter welded to the car’s frame, which may make it more difficult to steal.
- Consider engraving the Vehicle Identification Number on the catalytic converter. This may alert a scrap dealer it was stolen and make it easier to identify the owner.
- Calibrate your car for the alarm to set off when it detects motion. ••